4/15/2005

Would you buy trendier products from Wal-Mart?

This article sheds a light of what we may see next time we go to Wal-Mart. The low price leader is paying more attention to trends, namely in clothing. They are realizing that with the increasing prices all around consumers that there may be a notch in selling trendier clothing. One concern they have is hurting their low price reputation. I don’t know would it? Would you buy Lucky jeans or Nike shoes from Wal-Mart. Is price a driving factor or does the store say more about where you purchase your clothing?

6 comments:

Marie said...

I would never buy anything if I wanted value from the product from Walmart. I think Walmart is cheap for a reason, and thus if the product had a name on it,it wouldn't increase the value for me if I bought it at Walmart. I think other companies would be completely mad if they sold their image there.

Fred said...

I think the reputation that Walmart has gained as a cheap store would effect this very much. I agree that most people would rather buy that same item at a store with a quality reputation, not a cheap reputation.

trudy said...

I think that Wal-mart could carry some power to sale Nikes at a lower price with the same quality. I just don't think that I would buy it. I bought a Mongoose bike before Wal-mart started carrying them and it has been great. However, I will never buy a mountain bike for myself from Wal-mart. I think that to cut costs the manufacturers will eventually cut corners

Bart said...

I agree that if wal-mart sells it then it will cheapen the brand. I dont know anyone that buys the Levis that wal-mart carries.

sandy said...

I agree with those who have already commented. I will buy anything at Wal Mart except clothing. Besides not caring for the cloths they carry, I don't think their prices on cloths are that good of a deal. I can get twice the quality for only a couple bucks more somewhere else.

Dr. Tufte said...

-1 on Bart's comment for capitalization errors.

I commented on this topic a while back.