11/30/2005

Final Exams A Test or Not a Test?

When it comes to finals I think most of us will agree that it's not what it should be. Finals are becoming more and more of a test following an all night cram session then it is based on the knowledge learned throughout the semester. The whole idea of having a final exam seems to have changed just over my time as a student and varies from class to class. Is there a better way to test? At most finals stress everyone out, and completely alter your sleeping habits for the week, or maybe two. There's got to be a better way.

2 comments:

Dr. Tufte said...

Umm ... I'd hope that for the most part you recognize that I do try to make my final exams different and less problematic.

That's one of the reasons you have to blog. On the other hand ... here I sit the Monday after final exams and who is still cramming to get things done?

Dr. Tufte said...

-1 on Blake's comment for grammatical errors.

That's a shame, because I couldn't have said it better myself.