9/14/2005

Credit Card Debt Mounts for Victims of Hurricane Katrina

For many affected by the devastating impacts of Hurricane Katrina, basics such as food and shelter are top priority. However, with many people's places of employment having been completely washed away, money is tough to come by. In fact, since the hurricane, many individuals in transition mode have racked up hefty credit card bills, and are now facing the dilemma of trying to pay them off. With many Americans out of work and without food and shelter, credit cards have been bridging the gap between having a meal and hotel room, and going hungry on the streets. Also, in addition to mounting credit card bills, some are left to pay for losses, or mortgages on their homes, etc. leaving them in even harder financial times. That being said, some credit card companies are offering Katrina victims a little bit of grace. According to http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/14/katrina.credit.ap/index.html, credit card companies will be offering a little bit of relief to victims through providing periods of time without late fees, etc, with one company mentioned in the article even offering victims two months of grace before having any fees assessed. While some may think that is not enough grace time, I am personally amazed that credit card companies are offering any slack at all. Although it's not much time, perhaps victims will be able to get the financial counseling, or help from loved ones that they need, to shift things around for a while, before getting back on their feet. Until then, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you have here. I have
added it to my site and will check back
often!

Best Wishes,
Ken
Cheaper Gasoline

Ava said...

I think that it is great that the credit card companies are helping the victims. But the price of living is high so they will still have a hard time paying their bills while relocating.

Dr. Tufte said...

-1 on Morgan's post for a poorly formatted link.

See my comments from the previous (and similar) post.

Steve Austin said...

Nice blog. Please check out my debt services blog. It is all about debt services.

billuk said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a tip on reducing debt
site/blog. It pretty much covers tip on reducing debt
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

alena said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

6sec said...

Hey, nice info! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a debt consolidation site. It pretty much covers debt consolidation related stuff.
Come by and check it out later :-)

heropoo said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of secured credit card.

startonline said...

Hey, this blog is neat. I already added it to my favorites. I have a site that pretty much covers aspire credit card web site related stuff.

Anonymous said...

I found a good card credit debt help pay site. I am looking into it myself.

Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's geat. I also have a credit card debt related blog with some useful articles about the topic. Hope that it is helpful to you.

Funclub said...

This blogstuff is great just looking around yours I have one too get out of debt free I have a website dedicated to gettin people out of debt all free info get out of debt free

Natwho said...

www.nwcleasing.com offers the lowest rate financing on Equity line of credit What ever your financial situation, Equity line of credit can help. We even have a special loan program that can put money in your pocket within 1 hour of applying. Apply online today and see just how quickly we can get you approved regardless of your past credit. Rates start as low as 4%, apply today.

rachat credit said...

I agree with "ava" opinion 's.

organisme credit bancaire said...

great idée

Anonymous said...

czyszczenie brudow na dywanie s³awków d¹browa katowice chorzów. na mokro nie na sucho meblow¹ z karcher odkurzaczem, jaworzno tanio i œmiesznie cheap. czyszczenie dywanów tanio ale tak¿e online odbywa siê szybko i dok³adnie wow.
Promocje zwi¹zane z czyszczenie wyk³adzin tapicerek jest na prawdê poker tanie pranie.
Czyszczenie odbywa siê u klienta. czyszczenie pranie cennik zamówienie minimum sign 40z³.
Czyszczenie na mokro jest skuteczne cennik sosnowiec czyszczenie karcher zamówienie maks 70z³.
rfs czyszczenie tapicerki pranie na mokro dla œwie¿oœci cennik galeria pranie na mokro zamówienie maks 70z³ bonus.