10/13/2005

Just Wanted to Say "Thanks!"

I don't know how many of you know anyone that is in the 222nd, but I know quite a few of them. People from my home town that I went to high school with and others that I have just met along the way. I know that some of you might not know that our National Gaurd unit was activated in January of this year and that they have been in Iraq since June. I sometimes get a chance to talk to some of them, or recieve a letter and they won't tell me what they do. All they say is that it is the worst of the worst. These individuals probably didn't realize when they were enlisting that they would be called to war, but when they were they dropped everything and went. They left families, friends, school, and work to go over there and keep us safe. I still don't know everything behind this war, or if I even agree with them being over there, but I do know that they are doing a great job while they have to be there. I have so much respect for them, and I hope everyone else does too because they are there for you as well.

1 comment:

Dr. Tufte said...

-1 on Dan's comment for a spelling error.

Emily ... it's a nice sentiment ... but let's stay on topic here.