3/31/2010

Only costing more jobs?

I came across the article Obama Steps up Confrontation. I found Obama's recent moves a little too aggressive. Senator Lama Alexander said the moves would only hurt him in the end, and I aggree. Antonia Ferrier points out that the Senate doesn't exactly work like most game theorist believe. As far as the new overhaul of student-lending loans that the Democrats attached to the Bill, I think it will only do worse to the economy as a whole. To my understanding, it is predicted to result in thousands of job loses. That doesn't make me very enthusiastic about recovery.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I found an article that agrees with the points you made. The article states that approximately 30,000 jobs will be lost, as will the efficiency with which the private lenders operated the program with before. If the government can't operate this program as efficiently as private lenders, this will probably mean fewer funds available to the students and an increase in the deficit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704094104575143952841961866.html?KEYWORDS=student+lending

Dr. Tufte said...

-2 on Costello for repeated spelling and grammatical mistakes.

I'm not sure what this has to do with macroeconomics.