12/05/2005

Should people be more open with their finances?

Today I read an article that basically challenged people to be more open with what they disclose about their money. I have to say that while the author had some valid points, I am more partial to keeping my finances to myself, however, when it comes to my immediate trusted family members, I would make an exception. Despite being a little more cautious with what I freely share regarding my finances, I agree with the author in that I believe parents should be open about money matters from the start. My parents were always very open with me regarding finances, and how to save, etc., and I think I have greatly benefitted from their counsel. In fact, I think it is every parent's responsibility to teach their children sound financial methods, because in the long run, everyone makes up a piece of the economy, and if we are better informed, we will be better contributors to our globe's overall financial system.

No comments: